In the News
- How Co.Act Detroit Is Amplifying The Voices of Local Nonprofits (HOUR Detroit: November 8, 2019)
- Wilson foundation balances lasting, immediate impact as clock ticks on $2 billion spend down (Crain’s Detroit: October 19, 2019)
- Community Campus Visit helps Detroit community engage with U-M (University of Michigan: October 18, 2019)
- American Black Journal: Non-Profit Leaders of Color (PBS American Black Journal: August 30, 2019)
- Knight Foundation commits $714,000 to expanding capacity-building program for Detroit nonprofits (Crain’s Detroit: August 19, 2019)
- Nonprofit support hub opens in New Center (Curbed Detroit: July 2, 2019)
- $1.5 million grant from Wilson Foundation to seed new nonprofit capacity-building fund (Crain’s Detroit: June 26, 2019)
- Co.act Detroit Launches New Space and Programs in New Center (Co.act Detroit: June 26, 2019)
- Listening and Evolving: How a Community Foundation put Racial Equity at the Center of Its Work (Inside Philanthropy: April 2, 2019)
- Power of the purse: report finds women lead in giving and deserve more focus in fundraising (Inside Philanthropy: March 21, 2019)
- Nonprofit organizations receive pro bono advice (Legal News.com: January 30, 2019)
- First of its kind nonprofit support center gets into gear (Crain’s Detroit: December 9, 2018)
- Collaboration and entrepreneurship: Detroit’s most innovative nonprofits (metromode, Metro Detroit: November 6, 2014)
Case studies, stories of dynamic partnerships, best (and next) practices and trends in the social sector we are watching.
Annie E. Casey Foundation
Henry J Kaiser Family Foundation
Stanford Social Innovation
William and Flora Hewlett Foundation
Stanford Social Innovation Review
Co.act Detroit Blog
Check out our regular postings on transformational partnerships, initiatives and organizations getting our attention in the Detroit region and beyond. Regular blogs may be from Co.act staff or guest contributors.
In the nonprofit communities of Southeastern Michigan, challenges that organizations face related to data access and analysis reflect the current and historic barriers in the areas they serve: walls of numbers and text that are costly to access and overwhelming to the...
Co.act’s Executive Director on Building a More Resilient and Connected Non-Profit Community in Detroit
Allandra Bulger, executive director of Co.act Detroit, reflects on the recent Co.act launch experience, the value of improvisation, and what she’s most excited about next. On the Co.act-related question she wishes she was asked more often: “What are you learning?” is...
On the first day of Co.activists Unite!, our June launch experience, our community came together to announce the establishment of a $1.5 million Co.act Detroit...