The Detroit Community Development Mini-Grant Fund
Presented in partnership with Community Development Advocates of Detroit (CDAD), with support from J.P. Morgan Chase, this fund is designed to support the crucial work of Detroit community development and neighborhood organizations. This relief fund will provide general operating grants in amounts up to $5,000 to qualifying nonprofits and community based organizations. The deadline to apply is Monday, July 6, 2020, at 11:59PM ET.
- Applicants must be nonprofits or community based organizations engaged in:
- physical development
- land use planning
- community organizing and/or
- other activities designed to stabilize and improve the quality of life in Detroit.
- Eligible organizations must be located in and serving a Detroit neighborhood. Organizations without a physical location are eligible to apply, provided they serve a Detroit neighborhood. Hamtramck and Highland Park-based organizations are not eligible.
- Eligible organizations’ annual revenue must not exceed $500,000. Applicants will need to provide verification of their most recent board approved budget for the current fiscal operating year.
- Organizations that are not registered 501c3s are eligible — however, a fiduciary will be required to receive grant funds.
- Funding will be provided to nonprofit and community organizations only. For-profit and social enterprises are not eligible to apply
- Applicants must specify the requested use of funds in their application and include a grant budget using the project budget template.
- Preference will be given to applicants who clearly demonstrate the impact and community benefit of the funds.
- A bank account number, Michigan business entity identification number, and employer identification number (EIN) will be required to receive grant funds. Click here for the Michigan business entity search to look up your Michigan business entity ID number.
- Grants may be used to cover general operating expenses of the organization, such as payroll or losses due to destabilizing events.
- The application window for the Detroit Community Development Mini-grant Fund closes Monday, July 6th at 11:59PM ET. Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered for funding awards.