How We Invest: The Detroit Capacity Building Forum05/19/22
9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Conversations about investing often center funders and those with financial power. When we reframe the conversation to include nonprofit employees, consultants, organizers, social justice advocates, and community residents, we open the way for transformative possibilities.
Join Michigan Community Resources and Co.act Detroit for this year’s annual Detroit Capacity Building Forum, where we’ll:
- explore how our ecosystem can invest differently in organizations, ideas, and people
- honor those working to create more equitable funding landscapes
- create a playbook that redefines investing and guides movements now and for the future
- 9-10AM: From the 12 Recommendations for Funders to Today – Where Are We Now?
- 10-10:30AM: Nonprofits & Allies: Harnessing and Activating Power – Lightning Talk with Lisa Leverette
- 10:30-11:30AM: Shifting Funder-Nonprofit Power Dynamics
- 11:30AM-12PM: Nonprofits & Allies: Harnessing and Activating Power – Lightning Talk with Vu Le
- 12-1PM: Creating Our Playbook
See All Events